Monze Education Fund
and Guide to Monze
MEF (Monze Education Fund) is registered with UK Charity Commission (No. 1101654)
as a Trust and whose governing rules are defined within a Trust Deed.
Our registered location for all post is:
17 Oaklands Park
The Trustees are:
Jerry Grieves (Zambia)
Dr. David Letten
Tony Wood (Co-ordinator)
The OBJECTIVEs of the Charity (as registered at the UK Charity Commission) are:
"The relief of poverty, sickness and distress in particular among the orphans of Monze
municipality and Zambia generally. The advancement of education and training in agriculture
in particular around Monze and Zambia generally. The advancement of the Christian religion.
The support of any charitable activity undertaken by MBASAPRON (Monze Basic School Agricultural
Project for the Needy)"
The Trustees have embodied these objectives within its current programme in the following
1) Provision of financial support for orphan & vulnerable pupils of the Monze Basic School by
supporting MBASAPRON with financial aid which complements their funds raised locally, for the
benefit of those pupils.
2) Provision of financial support for Monze Basic School to improve the condition of classrooms
and other school facilities.
3) Provision of relevant academic and material items.
4) Providing professional advice, whether for academic or relevant self-sufficiency school
The AIMs of the Monze Education Fund are:
1) to work in partnership with the school's pupils, teaching and administrative staff, parents
and MBASAPRON and help develop the extent of self sufficiency.
2) to develop a programme of support for pupils going beyond their present academic path, into
vocational training in sustainable agriculture.
3) to replicate the programme with other qualifying schools when resources permit.
MEF is supported by private and commercial donors, whether through funds or effort 'in kind',
volunteers and the UK Inland Revenue Gift Aid scheme.
Copyright©Monze Education Fund 2006